Sunday, November 30, 2008

First Day of Forever

I heard a good sermon this morning while visiting a church in a town up the road. The preacher blithely reminded us that Christians live in time and out of time, both in this world of death and in a redeemed state where death has lost its sting. He said that one of the reasons we go to the Word is to live into tomorrow. In this, we are an Advent people even as we are an Easter people.

Afterward, a parishioner asked me what I thought the sermon was about. I said something like what I've written above. She said, "Huh. I thought it was like all his sermons--trying to get us to move this church out of downtown to the suburbs."

2 comments:

LittleMary said...

dear brett. i do miss your blogging. so glad you are back--and where is your voice on this one alex?

Brett Hendrickson said...

I'm glad to be back, too.